Thursday, February 17, 2011

Poppy Blouse & Green Denim Pencil Skirt

I am wearing this outfit right now because I finished up this blouse this morning just in time for the weather to get all unexpectedly warm! The blouse is made from a lovely sheer cotton lawn that is definitely meant more for spring but I couldn't wait! The pattern I used was Simplicity 2564, view C. It is a very simple blouse with kimono sleeves. Since the lines of the blouse were so simple and my fabric was so sheer I decided to use french seams to assemble it and I'm very happy with how neat and sturdy the seams are.
Ah yes, my elephant belt is the pièce de résistance, don't you think? Either that or the "vintage" hallway wallpaper is. It's a toss up, really.*

The pattern called for a mere three buttons but that seemed pretty dangerous to me so I went with five. There will be no placket-gaping if I can help it!

Obligatory button placket close-up: 

I made the green wool denim skirt that Delphine-the-Dressform is wearing last fall using Simplicity 2343, view D (minus the topstitching, which I might still add to it some day...).

* It is now my stated goal to photograph my projects in front of all the lovely "vintage" floral wallpapers present in our apartment. They are varied and crazy so stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment