Monday, February 7, 2011

Christmas Vacation Shirt

This shirt is a belated Christmas gift for my guy (on Christmas I wrapped up the fabric & the pattern envelope for him with my profuse apologies). He has a habit of wearing a Hawaiian shirt to work on the day before he goes on vacation--even if he plans on spending his vacation time just bumming around the house.  
 Behold, the Christmas "Vacation Shirt"! It is made out of an appropriately tacky rayon challis Hawaiian print from Denver Fabrics and the pattern I used was Kwik Sew 2935.  My favorite details are the coconut buttons! So tropical!
  Here's a close-up of the collar details:

I like the surfing bikini-clad ladies! Woohoo!
I am relieved to have finished this project (thank you, unexpected snow days!). I had been feeling very guilty for not finishing it in time to put under the tree. My guy must like it because I barely had time to snap these photos before he packed it in his suitcase to take with him on a business trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment