Saturday, September 24, 2011

Seven Dollar Sheath Dress

I made this dress last minute to wear to a lovely summer wedding.  The whole thing cost me only $7 in supplies!


Pattern I used was Simplicity 2588 ($1.99 on sale from Jo-Ann)
Fabric was about 2 yards of brown and ecru lace-print poly sateen ($1.99/yard from Fabric Mart)
Zipper and interfacing was from my stash (free-ish)
Buttons from Ben Franklin ($1.00)

I usually don't sew specifically with the intent to save money but this is a great example of how home sewing can save a buck.




I loved that the pattern included pockets hidden in the front pleats of the skirt--no need to carry a purse!  The bride told me that I looked "very Jackie O." in the dress and I suppose that it does have a 1960's vibe.  I will definitely be making a variation from this pattern again.

No comments:

Post a Comment